Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Simply Trust

I'm the kind of guy that really enjoys saying those profound phrases. You know... the one liners that can really change minds about things. So I often fish around in my mind for perfect words that would form that one sentence with the facade of wisdom and deep thought. I think sometimes I have those one hit wonders (at least in my opinion) but most of the time I spend my conversations fumbling around with words. Failing quite often at articulating even the simplest of emotions or thoughts. This often somehow confuses me and I have a hard time putting my finger on what he's doing.

Tonight I had a well spring of emotions and thoughts stirring inside me. So imediately I started fishing in my head for words that would profoundly proclaim what God is doing inside me. Nothing...

The plain and simple answer says it the best... trust God. That is what God is doing within me. He's teaching me to trust him.

I think we complicate things in trying to make everything seem so deep and important. I feel God saying "Keep it simple stupid." with a big smile on his face.

No comments: