Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Chante in Perspective

I first off want to say that I am incredibly blessed to see so many God orchastrated relationships. Never could I have imagined seeing what I see every day in my friends.

I use to have such a bad perception or position about these relationships. Everytime I'd see one of these relationships I turn inward and selfishly complain that I don't have it right now. Sometimes I'd even grow bitter towards those new couples, not wanting to be around them at all. Most of the time though I'd get really discouraged which can sometimes lead me into a sense of hopelessness

The Lord has done/is doing a powerful work within my heart about this. Today at Ehop I was sitting there looking around at all the wonderful couples and I began to be encouraged. Instead of seeing spoiled people (let's face the fact that we all are) I see brothers in the Lord that I've prayed with in the midts of their struggles with women now walking in confidence and security with the person that they are pretty much going to marry. Some of my friends that I've prayed with are already married and one has a kid on the way (Matt). I remember standing in Matt's driveway praying for each other over the very thing that He is walking out right now. I am so incredibly encouraged by that. I mean these are men that have struggled and pressed for the woman they were made to be with and are now seeing the answer to the prayers. Instead of seeing people enjoying what I'm waiting for as if it was getting rubbed in my face... I see God testifying his faithfulness to me. I think daily God is telling me through these amazing relationships "Here is my garruntee that I will take care of your need".

This also encourages me to trust in the Lord and wait on him all the more. Tobi said something that I really want to amen right now. These relationships that I see that are SO AMAZING are that way cause they are God's will. These people have sought the Lord and surrendered to him and his desires for their life and are reaping the fruit of it. I could right now probably find me a girlfriend and get rid of my singleness but what's the point? Not only will that be a waist of my time it will also suck really really bad. It will not at all measure up to the fullness of what God made relationships to be.

So I just want to say thank you to these couples. Thank you Jesse and Matt. Thank you Sam and Weaser. Thank you Paul and Chelsea. Thank you Spencer and Amber. Thank you Luke and Savanah. Thank you Tyler and Molly. Thank you Teddy and Ellie. Thank you Russ and Megan. Thank you Chuck Norris and Rachel. You all have been such amazing examples to me and I am blessed to witness you guy's be such great testimonies of Christ and the Church. (There are other relationships but I'm tired of writing thank you lol)

No comments: