Friday, January 9, 2009

Thy Will be Done!

We often pray "Thy Kingdom come and thy will be done" but do we fully understand what we are asking. What does it mean for his kingdom to come? What does it fully mean for HIS will to be done.

I have many dreams and aspirations that I desire to happen in my life. Some are from the Lord and some are from me. I pray that as I read his word that it'd cut and divide out and seperate his will from mine. Anyways, one of my dreams is to have a job that would provide for my own financial needs and have enough to provide for others in their need. It's a really deep desire within me... but God's will for my life right now is to not have a really good job, to not have enough money to provide for others. Instead I'm actually needing to borrow money from others.

Not exactly what I'd percieve to be glorifying to him but who am I to complain about what he has given me. His will is good, pleasing, and perfect. His ways are higher than mine. My mother was getting amazed at how blessed I am with awesome friends that will help me out with money and give me rides when I need them. It took me being broke and my car breaking down for her to see, but none the less she saw it. I don't really consider this suffering for Christ's sake. It's more laying down my wants and desires for his. His are so much better! That's why I can't exactly say it's "suffering" for Christ.

As I submit more and more to his will, the more he'll be glorified as his foolishness will confound the wisdom of this earth. I feel that it's like the breaking of a dam. Right now nothing seems to happen but the more I submit to his will the more the pressure builds. Then one day that dam is going to break and a flood will come. This flood will be glorious to see. In that day I'll be able to declare the works of the Lord in my life. As people see his glory shine through my life they will say "surely this is the work of God". I don't desire my life to be a great but for it to inspire greatness in those who see it. That it'd stir people to lay their lives down in submission to a God that is good to all who trust in him. For that is better than any treasure this earth can yield. Stirring people to Love God... there just isn't anything better! Nothing compares to blessing the one who has eternaly blessed me.

So this is for those who have unmet dreams and desires. God may one day provide for them. Some are never meant to happen cause it's not the best... but! His dreams and desires are so amazing. If you desire joy and peace, then thank God and continue to submit to what he's doing. I know it sometimes seems unfair as you see others enjoy what you are waiting or longing for, but God has something great for you. Something greater than what your longing for! You just have to endure the wilderness. Endure with faith, cause just as the sun sets it is sure to rise! He'll take your mourning and weeping, and turn them into laughter and rejoicing. So be patient... for God is patient with you.

Continue to pray for his Kingdom to come and his will to be done. It might take you through roads you don't want to go down, but you won't regret it! Not one bit.

No comments: